Pages

20 Oct 2016

Album Back Inspiration

Whilst researching album packages on Google, I came across some back covers (tracklists) that I liked and appealed to the tastes of the indie pop audience.


This design will serve as my basis. I love how the list is centred on the page with bold track names and small numbers. I also like that it is less cluttered and I like the way the copyright info and barcode line the bottom snugly.


The bleed of the cover image onto the back is usually seen as a no-no or mistake so the intentional use is interesting as it creates an almost disorderly, rebellious feel which would suit my artist and genre.

For my design I would use much brighter colours to suit the whimsy of indie. The track list will be conventionally centred and the copyright info and barcode along the bottom.